Muscle relaxing wrinkle injections are one of the most common injectable treatments at our clinic. These injectables can be used on many areas of the face, including eye wrinkles, frown lines, forehead lines and for brow lifting and also face slimming. Unfortunately due to Australian regulations, we are not allowed to name the drugs used.
Often when patients reach their mid to late twenties and thirties, they start noticing lines forming around their eyes and forehead. Sometimes others will say things to them like, “you look tired” or “are you feeling OK?” . The great news is that there is a simple solution to preventing and maintaining a youthful appearance using wrinkle injections.
How do wrinkle injections work?
The muscle relaxing injections are injected using a fine needle into the facial muscles and it blocks the message from the nerve to the muscle, reducing the amount of contraction of that muscle causing reduced appearance of lines.
How long do wrinkle injections last?
Timeline after muscle relaxing injections are injected:
- At 2-8 days the lines begin to start reducing
- At 4 weeks the maximal effect is achieved
- From 4-8 weeks the result is maintained
- At 8 weeks the effect slowly begins to start wearing off
- At 12 weeks, the movement is about 50% back
- At 16 weeks, the movement is about 80% back
Most patients choose to have retreatment at 3-4 months, however this varies between patients. Males, exercisers and those who are more muscular, may tend to require larger doses and more frequent doses.
Are wrinkle injections safe?
Wrinkles injections are a medical treatment prescribed by a doctor and have risks associated. In terms of non-surgical cosmetic treatments, wrinkle injections are generally considered to be the lowest risk procedures.
The risks and side effects may include:
- Bruising and swelling at injections sites, this is common
- Headache post injection 10%, mild, usually lasts 24hrs or less.
- Eyebrow/eyelid droops in 2% of cases. Minor and temporary. Could last 3 weeks.
- More than one treatment may be required to achieve the desired result.
- Blurred vision. Temporary. Extremely rare.
- Swallowing and breathing problems.
- Infection is extremely rare
What areas are suitable for treatment with wrinkle injections?
There are many areas that are suitable for muscle relaxing injections, including the following:
- Eye wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Forehead wrinkles
- Brow lifting
- Face slimming
- Chin, including chinulite and chin crease
- Mouth corner droop
- Lip lines
- Neck lift
- Gummy smile correction
- Trapezius slimming
- Calf slimming
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
What is the satisfaction rate for wrinkle injections?
The satisfaction rate is very high and the retention rate ie those who want to continue treatment after trying the procedure once, is also very high.
Is the injectable procedure painful?
The pain is minimal. At The Manse, we offer numbing cream, ice and happy gas to our patients for their ant wrinkle injections. Most patients just choose an ice pack.
Is the procedure quick?
The procedure itself takes about 5 minutes, but at your appointment you will need to take photos and sign a consent form and also be cleaned. Patients can expect to be at the clinic for about 30 minutes if the doctor is running on time.
What it the price of anti wrinkle injections?
Please see our prices pages.